QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RFQ)
The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) has been specifically designed to meet the criteria set by the Department for Education’s EYFS Framework and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 and/or level 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with EYFS requirements.
- Registered Childminders and assistants who are required to hold a current and full paediatric first aid certificate in order to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who has an involvement with infants and children, such as parents, grandparents, youth organisations and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
The aim of this course is to provide the candidates with the necessary skills required to perform their duties as a competent Paediatric First Aider.
On successful completion of this course the candidate will possess the necessary skills required to perform their role as a competent Paediatric First Aider.
- Roles & Responsibilities of a First Aider
- Primary Survey
- Secondary Survey
- Seizures (Child & Infant)
- Febrile Convulsions
- Resuscitation (Child & Infant)
- Choking (Child & Infant)
- Burns and Scalds
- Sprains and Strains
- Insect Bites & Stings
- Imbalance of Heat Conditions
- Use of an AED on Children
- Unconscious Casualty Management
- Circulation, Wounds and Bleeding
- Fracture Management
- Allergic Reaction & Anaphylaxis
- Eye Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Spinal Injuries
- Diabetes and Hypoglycaemia
- First Aid Legislation & Documentation
At Our Place or Yours
We can conduct this course at your premises if you have an area suitable for conducting training courses, or you could come to our training centre at M-Fire HQ.